How to Get a Library Card
To apply for a library card,
- you must be at least 18 years of age and bring your Michigan picture ID with your current address.
- If you are under 18, a parent or guardian must be present with current ID to sign a parental release form.
- All fees and late items must be reconciled before you may receive a card.
Library Card Applications
Get a jump start on the library card application process by filling out an application at home and bringing it and your Michigan picture ID to the library’s circulation desk.
- Application for Library Borrower’s Card (18 & up)
- Application for Library Borrower’s Card – Minor (under 18)
Patrons who do not already have an existing library account may register for a digital-only library card online. A digital-only card provides instant access to our language learning resources, collection of ebooks, downloadable audiobooks, digital magazines, and streaming TV, movies, and music through the Woodlands Downloadable Library, Hoopla Digital, and RB Digital Magazines. Visit the Digital Collections page for a complete listing of the library’s digital resources.
If you would like to borrow physical library materials, stop into the library with a picture ID and proof of current address to upgrade to a full service library card.