About The Friends
The Friends of the Library is a volunteer organization dedicated to supporting the Delta Township District Library. Their generous support helps provide for events and services such as the Summer Reading Program, downloadable books and audio books, language learning databases and more.
If you are interested in joining the Friends of the library as a member, please stop by the Friends of the Library Bookstore to fill out a membership card. Membership Dues are as follows:
- Seniors or Student: Annual Membership ($5), 3 Year Membership ($12)
- Individual: Annual Membership ($10), 3 Year Membership ($25)
- Household (up to 4 people): Annual Membership ($12), 3 Year Membership ($30)
- Lifetime: Individual ($80), Dual Adult Household ($120)
If you are interested in volunteering for the Friends of the Library, fill out the form below to receive more information. In addition to the shelver & cashier positions the Friends are specifically looking for volunteers to assist with ebay by:
- Determining the value of the books.
- Taking pictures and uploading to the Friends site.
- List books on ebay.
- Package and mail books.
To volunteer with the Friends you must fill out an Application and Background Check form. Applications can be obtained in the Friends Bookstore.
Friends’ Sponsored Services
The Friends’ of the Library sponsors a variety of services and events including:
- Ancestry Library Edition: Online Genealogy resource available for use in the library.
- Book Page Subscription: Monthly Print Resources with reviews of notable books to be released.
- Mango Languages: Online Language Learning software. Learn over 40 languages with Mango Languages.
- Battle of the Books: A fun trivia competition that tests your book knowledge. Teams of 4-5 participants compete in a series of battles to see which team knows the most about the selected books.
- Summer Reading: Annual reading program to encourage Kids, Teens and Adults to keep reading during the summer.
- Teen Programming: Special programming focused on keeping teens engaged at the library.
- Additional collection funding
- Adult Audio Books
- Youth Audio Books
- Children’s Media
- Lansing State Journal
- Detroit News
- Wall Street Journal
- Woodlands Downloadable Library: Downloadable ebooks and audiobooks available for checkout.