Carside Hold Pickup
DTDL’s current business hours: Tuesday-Friday, 12 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Carside hold pickup is now available! Here’s how it works:
- Request items: Use the online catalog to place holds or ask staff to place items on hold by calling or chatting during business hours.
- Wait for notification: Library staff will email or call you when your holds are ready for pickup. Items will be held for 5 business days.
- Pick up your items.
- Carside pickup is available Tuesday-Friday from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Be sure to have your library card number and a phone with you. When you arrive, you will communicate with library staff through the link provided in your notification email, text, or phone call.
- Drive, walk, or bike to the library
- By vehicle: Drive to the north/far end of the parking lot and park in one of the marked “Carside Pickup” spaces. Follow the directions on the sign. Library staff will bring your items to you while you remain in your vehicle.
- By bike/walking: Library staff will place your items on a table under the awning by the front door. Follow the directions on the sign by the table to let staff know you are there. Please observe social distancing guidelines of 6 ft. as you pick up your items.
Summer Reading Prizes: You can now pick up your family’s summer reading prizes via carside pickup. Please visit our summer website for details.
BookMatch: Looking for something new to read for yourself or your child? Try BookMatch, DTDL’s new personalized reading recommendation service! Answer a few questions about your reading preferences and library staff will respond with personalized suggestions that you can choose to receive by email or have staff place the books on hold for you for carside pickup.
Remote Printing: Print from home and pick up your printouts with carside pickup.
Fees: If you need to pay any fees related to past bills, rental items, or printing, you may do so with a credit card over the phone. (You must have a minimum of $1.00.)
Library Cards: DTDL is not processing new library cards at this time. If you do not have a library card, you may sign up for a digital card and access our digital collections. If you have lost your card, please contact our Head of Circulation, Melissa Gaus, at 517-816-8249 or email@example.com.
Library of Things: The following Library of Things items will be available for checkout during Step 3: Mobile Hotspots, Rokus, Eaton County Park Passes, and Potter Park Zoo Passes. All other Library of Things items will not be available at this time.
MeLCat: MeLCat borrowing has been temporarily suspended due to COVID-19. Patrons will not be able to request new items through MeLCat at this time.
Questions? Please contact us by phone or chat during business hours (Tuesday-Friday, 12 p.m. – 6 p.m.) or email.