On March 23, 2010, President Obama signed the Affordable Care Act. The law puts in place comprehensive health insurance reforms that will roll out over four years and beyond. Click here for an overview of the key features of the Affordable Care Act year-by-year. (HHS.gov/healthcare)
Health Insurance Marketplace
The Marketplace is a new way to find health coverage that fits your budget and meets your needs. With one application, you can see all your options and enroll. “The Health Insurance Marketplace will offer individuals, families, and small businesses an efficient, transparent, one-stop shop to compare health insurance policies, receive financial assistance and sign up for high quality, affordable and secure insurance coverage.”-Office of Congressman John Dingell, MI 12th DistrictResources:
- The ABC’s of Navigating The Affordable Care Act, prepared by the office of Congressman John D. Dingell
What is the Marketplace for Michigan?
If you live in Michigan, you’ll use HealthCare.gov, to apply for coverage, compare plans, and enroll. You can apply as early as October 1, 2013. Learn more about the Marketplace and how you can get ready.
The official site of the Health Insurance Marketplace.
- Use this site to:
- Learn more about the Health Insurance Marketplace
- Create an account
- Enroll for health insurance via the Health Insurance Marketplace.
- Find info about:
- The Affordable Care Act
- Information on assisting residents, patrons, and patients enrolled for insurance through the Health Insurance Marketplace.
The mission of Michigan Consumers for Healthcare (MCH) is to work collaboratively with a diverse alliance of consumers, partners and policymakers to attain affordable, accessible, quality healthcare for everyone in Michigan through education, outreach, advocacy and stakeholder engagement.
Find info about:
- The Affordable Health Care Act
- How ACA impacts Michigan residents
A leader in health policy analysis, health journalism and communication, the Kaiser Family Foundation is dedicated to filling the need for trusted, independent information on the major health issues facing our nation and its people.
- Kaiser Family Foundation – Health Reform Hits Main Street
- Kaiser Family Foundation – The YouToons Get Ready for Obamacare