Get started with Mango Languages today!
Mango Languages is a language learning resource that includes a variety of resources to help you learn practical conversation skills for languages spoken all around the world.
How does Mango teach patrons a new language?
Mango utilizes an engaging interface, and easy, intuitive interactive tools to deliver practical conversational skills and valuable cultural insight for a foreign language. Lessons include strategically placed memory-building exercises to help users remember what they are learning in addition to critical thinking exercises, which help them to intuitively understand the language and adapt it to similar conversations. You can learn about our Intuitive Language Construction methodology below:
How long does it take to learn a new language with Mango?
Mango Languages is completely self-paced and the time it takes to build fluency is different from person to person. Mango courses provide an introduction to language and culture through the acquisition of simple conversational skills. They focus on practical conversations while increasing vocabulary and grammar skills. Mango is intended to deliver conversational proficiency.Upon completion of a Mango course you will be conversational in the following topics:
- Express Gratitude
- Greet People
- Make Small Talk with Strangers
- Say Goodbye
- Ask/Tell if Someone Speaks a Language
- Ask/Tell Where Someone is From
- Get Someone’s Attention
- Ask Someone’s Name
- Introduce Yourself
- Ask for Directions
- Get Help Finding Places Using a Map
- Identify Important Places and Facilities Around Town
- Count Up To 99
- Negotiate Basic Transactions at Stores
- Gain the Insight into the Food Culture
- Order Drinks And Meals
- Understand Common Phrases Used at Restaurants
- Deal with Large Numbers
- Handle Currency with Ease
- Ride a Taxi and Pay the Fare
- Accept/Decline Help
- Ask/Tell What Trouble One Is In
- Gain Knowledge of Emergency Services
- Ask/Answer What a Word or Phrase Means
- Communicate One’s Ability to Understand Something
- Express Gratitude
- Request to Repeat, Slow Down, or Speak Up
- Ask/Tell What Something Is
- Give/Respond to a Compliment
- Request/Agree to Speak in Particular Language
Lights! Camera! Action!
Mango Premiere is a new addition to Mango Languages, that uses Mango’s methodology to teach users language, grammar, vocabulary, and culture through film. Mango will be releasing a total of 20 movies by the end of the year in seven different languages.
Here are just some of the languages offered by Mango Languages.
- Chinese (Cantonese & Mandarin)
- Farsi (Persian)
- Haitian Creole
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Spanish (Latin America)
- English as a second language
Mango Languages has been made available to Delta Township District Library card holders through a generous donation from the Friends of the Delta Township District Library. We hope you enjoy this wonderful new resource. Good Luck!