The COVID-19 pandemic has had an unprecedented impact on all of us. Once Governor Whitmer issued Executive Order 2020-110 allowing libraries to reopen, library staff began to implement the multi-phased reopening plan that we’ve been working on since the library closed. The plan reflects a measured and fact-based approach that prioritizes the safety of library patrons and staff while continuing to serve our community. View the complete Phased Reopening Plan.
We are uncertain how long we will be in each step before moving to the next, but we do know that this plan details four reopening phases that are dependent on three primary factors:
• Recommendations from local and national health agencies
• State and Federal physical distancing protocols and guidelines
• Community needs
View our COVID-19 Preparedness & Response Plan
This website will continue to be updated as we progress through the plan. Updates will also be posted to the DTDL’s Facebook page.
DTDL is currently in Step 3 of the plan.
DTDL’s Step 3 business hours are:
Tuesday-Friday 12 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturday-Sunday 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
During these times you may utilize: carside pickup, phone assistance, and live online chat.
The library building is not yet open to the public.
DTDL’s digital collections, website, Story Line, Library Line, and outside book drop continue to be available 24/7.
Step 3: Available Services
- Carside Hold Pickup
- Phone Assistance: Tuesday-Friday, 12 p.m. – 6 p.m. Call the library at 517-321-4014.
- Live Online Chat Assistance: Tuesday-Friday, 12 p.m. – 6 p.m. Use the “Need Help?” chat box on any page at dtdl.org.
- Summer Prize Pickup
- Remote Printing
- Virtual @ Your Service
- Returns allowed in the outside book drop
- All returns will be quarantined for at least a week before being checked in, so please wait at least a week before inquiring about returned items still on your account.
- If you have Library of Things items that are too large or fragile to go through the book return, please hold on to them for now. There are no late fees and due dates for these items will continue to be extended until they can be returned during Phase 4.
- Story Line (kids): 517-321-4014 (press 8)
- Library Line (adults): 517-321-4014 (press 9)
- Virtual Programming
- Digital Collections
- Library Cards