DTDL is currently in Step 5.
Your cooperation with our policies and staff will help us continue to provide and expand in-person services.
Monday-Thursday: 10 am-8 pm
Friday: 10 am-6 pm
Saturday: 10 am-4 pm
Sunday: 12 pm-4 pm
What You Can Expect From Us
- Our usual friendly, helpful service from staff, delivered from 6 feet away.
- Protective plexi screens at service points. Please speak through, not around, the safety shields.
- Staff strongly encouraged to wear masks.
- A building that is cleaned and sanitized each night, and high-touch areas wiped throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer for your use.
- Markings to help you stay a safe distance from others.
- We will be patient and kind as we all adjust to our new situation.
- You won’t come if you don’t feel well.
- We strongly encourage you to wear a mask while inside the library.
- You will observe all of our Phased Reopening Plan posted procedures.
- You will maintain 6 feet of distance from others.
- You will comply with staff directions and stay away from cordoned off areas.
- You will be patient and kind as we all adjust to our new situation.
- Browsing the collection and checking out materials
- Public computers (2-hour time limit) and printing
- Assistance from library staff
- Get a library card
- Copy machine
- cloudLibrary Mobile Checkout app
- Use of tables and seating around the library
- Some toys in children's play area
- Print daily newspapers
- Use of meeting rooms and study spaces
- A mix of virtual and in-person programming
- Friends' Bookstore open
- Acceptance of donated materials
We encourage you to continue utilizing our virtual and remote services.
- Carside & Locker Pickup
- Phone assistance during open hours. Call the library at 517-321-4014.
- Remote printing
- Returns in the outside book drop
- Digital Collections
- Virtual Programming
- Story Line (kids): Call 517-321-4014 (press 8)
- Library Line (adults): Call 517-321-4014 (press 9)
- Take It & Make It
DTDL Reopening Plan
The COVID-19 pandemic has had an unprecedented impact on all of us. Once Governor Whitmer issued Executive Order 2020-110 allowing libraries to reopen, library staff began to implement the multi-phased reopening plan that we’ve been working on since the library closed. The plan reflects a measured and fact-based approach that prioritizes the safety of library patrons and staff while continuing to serve our community. View the complete Phased Reopening Plan.
We are uncertain how long we will be in each step before moving to the next, but we do know that this plan details six reopening phases that are dependent on three primary factors:
• Recommendations from local and national health agencies
• State and Federal physical distancing protocols and guidelines
• Community needs
View our COVID-19 Preparedness & Response Plan
This website will continue to be updated as we progress through the plan. Updates will also be posted to DTDL’s Facebook page.