DTDL has a wide range of materials to borrow. All you need is a library card.
- Fiction and nonfiction books for all ages
- Large print books
- Picture books, easy readers, and board books
- Graphic novels, comics and manga
- Local, regional and national newspapers
- Movies and TV shows on DVD and Blu-ray (some rental fees apply)
- Music CDs
- Video games (Xbox 360 & Xbox One, PS3 & PS4, Nintendo Wii/Wii U, DS/3DS & Switch) (rental fees apply)
- Read Along books with audio (CD or built-in speaker)
- Playaway Views
- Playaway Launchpads (pre-loaded tablets)
- Downloadable ebooks, audiobooks, movies, TV shows, music, and magazines
- Library of Things & Little Things collections of nontraditional library items
- Local History collection
- McLean collection focusing on women's history and achievements
If DTDL doesn't have what you're looking for, try MeLCat, Michigan's statewide interlibrary loan system, and browse hundreds of libraries for items that can be sent to DTDL for you to borrow. Or use our online form to submit a request for the library to consider purchasing an item.
Loan Period: Many items check out for three weeks; however, loan periods vary from 1-28 days.
Returning Materials: Most items may be returned 24/7 in the drive-thru drop-box on the south side of the building. There is also a return slot in the library's lobby that may be used during open hours.
Renewals: Most items may be renewed up to three times unless another borrower is waiting. DTDL has an auto-renewal system that automatically renews items for you, and you may also renew items in your account online and by contacting the library.
Fees & Overdues: The library does not charge or collect overdue fines on MelCat and non-rental materials. Please see FAQ for more details. Fees will be charged for: late rental items, late mobile hotspots and laptop kits, lost and damaged items, and Library of Things/Little Things items that require cleaning or resetting.
Library cards that have more than 10 overdue items or more than $10 in fees may not be used to check out additional materials until the items are returned and fees are paid.
Holds: There is no charge to place materials on hold and there is no limit to the number of items that may be placed on hold (with the exception of digital materials). Materials will be held at the library 5 days after notifying or attempting to notify the patron. MeLCat items will be held for 10 days.
For more information, please refer to our Circulation Policy.