1000 Books Before Kindergarten
1000 Books Before Kindergarten is a program that encourages families to read 1000 books to their children before they start Kindergarten. You can even repeat books! Simply log the books you read with your child and for each 100 books you read, you’ll earn a free book and sticker from DTDL .There are a variety of ways you can log books so you can choose what works best for your family:
- Use DTDL’s coloring sheet log and color in the circles as you read books.
- Use DTDL’s book log and list each book you read.
- Use the 1000 Books app (available in App Store & Google Play).
- NEW: Use DTDL’s Beanstack website or app (available in App Store & Google Play) – you may already have an account if you participated in our 2020 online Summer Reading Program!
- Or simply keep track on your own on paper or electronically.
To use one of DTDL’s logs, contact Youth Services at 517-321-4014 x3 and we can provide you with one to get started.
Give us a call each time you reach a hundred-book milestone, and we’ll get your book and sticker to you with carside pickup. For past participants, we can also get you caught up on any milestones you reached since March 2020.
The 1000 Books Before Kindergarten program is sponsored by Eaton Great Start.