Carside hold pickup is available! Here’s how it works:
- Request items: Use the online catalog or MeLCat to place holds or ask staff to place items on hold by calling the library.
- Wait for notification: Library staff will email or call you when your holds are ready for pickup. DTDL items will be held for 5 business days and MeLCat items for 10 business days.
- Pick up your items.
- Carside pickup is available during open library hours.
- Be sure to have your library card number and a phone with you. When you arrive, you will communicate with library staff through the link provided in your notification email, text, or phone call.
- Drive, walk, or bike to the library
- By vehicle: Park in one of the marked “Carside Pickup” spaces. Follow the directions on the sign. Library staff will bring your items to you while you remain in your vehicle.
- By bike/walking: Library staff will place your items on a table under the awning by the front door. Follow the directions on the sign by the table to let staff know you are there. Please observe social distancing guidelines of 6 ft. as you pick up your items.
MeLCat: Patrons may place holds through MeLCat for carside pickup.
Take It & Make It: Take It & Make It kits, which include hands-on projects for all ages, are available via carside pickup. Learn more and request your kits here.
BookMatch: Looking for something new to read for yourself or your child? Try BookMatch, DTDL’s personalized reading recommendation service! Answer a few questions about your reading preferences and library staff will respond with personalized suggestions that you can choose to receive by email or have staff place the books on hold for you for carside pickup.
Remote Printing: Print from home and pick up your printouts with carside pickup.
BookPage: If you would like a copy of BookPage, and you're using carside pickup, request one when you arrive to pick up your library items.
Fees: If you need to pay any fees related to past bills, rental items, or printing, you may do so with a credit card over the phone.