Computers, Wi-Fi & Printing
COVID-19 Update: Limited public computers, printer, and copier are now available to use in the library during open hours, with a 30 minute time limit. The scanner is not currently available for use. Printing may also be done remotely and picked up with our carside service. For wi-fi and computer access, mobile hotspots and laptop kits are also available for checkout.
- Computer access comes in 30 minute increments with a limit of 3 hours per day, depending on demand.
- A library card is required to access public computers.
- Computers are grouped by age for web filtering.
- Library staff members are available to assist patrons with library technology.
- Computers offer internet access and Microsoft Office 2010 including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Library computers do not have floppy drives, CD burners, or DVD players.
- The Adult Services Desk has an external disk drive and CD drive available for use on library computers.
- Patrons may bring in their own USB Flash drives and headphones.
- The Circulation Desk has USB flash drives and headphones available for purchase.
- One computer is designated an Express Computer and can be used without a library card for 15 minutes at a time.
- Two computers throughout the library are designated for use searching for library materials.
The library has a color printer for use by the public. Printing is available from all the public computers and mobile printing is available from mobile devices and laptops in the library and remotely from home. Printing cost is $0.25 per page.
Patrons may utilize DTDL’s mobile printing service on any device to print while inside the library and from home and retrieve printouts via carside pickup.
Directions for Mobile/Remote Printing
- Visit dtdl.org/print.
- The website has two boxes under the Enter Your 14-digit Library Card section. Enter your library card number in the top box and leave the bottom box empty. Click Log On.
- Click on Upload a document, locate the file you would like to upload on your device, and upload it. You can upload multiple documents. If you are picking up in the library, your document(s) will now be ready for you to print at the public printing station.
- For carside pickup, contact Adult Services to print your document(s). You can either do this in advance by calling 517-321-4014 x4 during business hours or when you arrive for pickup (follow the directions on the Carside Pickup signs and let staff know you are picking up printouts). Printing charges ($0.25/page) will be billed to your library account once the pages are printed, regardless of whether they are picked up.
- Pick up your printouts.
- Carside pickup is available during open library hours.
- Follow the directions on the signs in the parking lot to contact staff via text or phone call.
- Printing fees must be paid with credit card over the phone.
- If you are also picking up library materials on hold, please have your library card number ready.
A black and white copier is available for use by the public. Copying cost is $0.25 per page.
A scanner is available for use by the public at the public computers. To get started scanning, ask for assistance at the Adult Services Desk.
The library is fully equipped for wireless internet access and the study tables throughout the building have power outlets for easy plug-in access. Wi-Fi may also be accessible outside the library building. For wireless access at home or on the go, DTDL has mobile hotspots available for checkout. Learn more here.