DTDL @ Home
Your DTDL card gives you FREE access to a variety of services. Here are ten ways you can enjoy DTDL without leaving home.
1. Read ebooks and magazines, listen to audiobooks and music, and watch movies and TV shows on any device.
- Woodlands Downloadable Library (OverDrive/Libby) - popular and bestselling ebooks, audiobooks, and magazines
- Hoopla Digital – ebooks, audiobooks, comics, magazines, music, movies & TV with no wait
- Kanopy - films, educational videos, and children's programming
Access special collections for kids and teens:
- Woodlands for Kids & Teens - can also be accessed in the app under "Guides" on the home screen
- Hoopla – click on “Kids” at the top of the page/app
- Kanopy Kids - click on "Go to Kanopy Kids" at the top of the page or in the "More" menu in the app
2. Learn something new.
- Learn a new language with Mango Languages, which includes courses for over 70 languages.
- Take an online art class with Creativebug and experience the joy of making with over 1000 award-winning video classes taught by top designers and artists.
- Learning Express Library has materials to help you prepare for a variety of exams, including career (civil service, cosmetology, nursing, and more), college (SAT, ACT, AP), and GED, as well as skill centers for elementary through college students and adults, including help with math, reading, writing, and more.
3. Use Consumer Reports to check expert reviews before making that big purchase.
4. Get homework help with our K-12 Resources, including services from the Michigan eLibrary, online learning sites, and resources for parents, or check out Tutor.com for free, on-demand, live tutoring, practice quizzes, drop-off reviews, and more.
7. Call in and hear a story or learn about a featured author with our Story and Library Lines. Call 517-321-4014 and press 8 for children's stories and 9 for featured adult authors.
10. Use our carside pickup service to get library materials (including laptops and mobile hotspots), remote printing, Take It & Make It kits, copies of BookPage and more. Or use our Grab & Go Hold Lockers to pick up library materials 24/7. (This one does require you to leave home, but doesn't require entering the building!)